Lessons from the Experts: Warren Buffett
Monday, 24 November 2014
Warren Buffett - Words of Wisdom
Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
is an American multinational conglomerate holding company which manages a number of subsidiaries ranging from insurance companies, to clothing lines, food and beverage items and transportation. Berkshire Hathaway Inc. stock trades at more than $210,000 per share.
This multi-billion dollar company is managed by the second wealthiest individual in the U.S.
- a man whose personal net worth is more than $66 billion. He is also known for being an inspirational presence in the business and investments scenario.
Here are some words of wisdom from the man himself.
1. Keep a clear mind.
“I insist on a lot of time being spent, almost every day, to just sit and think. That is very uncommon in American business. I read and think. So I do more reading and thinking, and make less impulse decisions than most people in business. I do it because I like this kind of life.”
2. Quality is key.
“Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.” Tweet This!
4. Make informed, realistic decisions.
“I try to buy stock in businesses that are so wonderful that an idiot can run them. Because sooner or later, one will.”
5. Be true to yourself – and to others. Don’t fake it till you make it.
“After all, you only find out who is swimming naked when the tide goes out.”
6. Always know who you’re dealing with.
“You can’t make a good deal with a bad person.”
7. Make honour and integrity a part of your business.
“It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.”
8. Identify what’s most important.
“Too often, a vast collection of possessions ends up possessing its owner. The asset I most value, aside from health, is interesting, diverse, and long-standing friends.”
9. Don’t get stuck in a rut.
“The most important thing to do if you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging.” Tweet This!
10. Be assertive and confident.
“I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute. ”