Academy launches Masters in Leadership and Organisational Behaviour
Thursday, 26 May 2016
Masters in Leadership and Organisational Behaviour
The MSc in Leadership and Organisational Behaviour at DCU Business School is the longest running specialised programme delivering organisational psychology education in Ireland. The knowledge and insights provided by graduates of this programme allows them to make increasingly significant contributions or organisations wishing to achieve optimal performance. The MSc in Leadership and Organisational Behaviour programme aims to produce professionally qualified organisational behaviour specialists who shall:
- Develop the ability to objectively analyse specific and related aspects of the structure of an organisation and associated dynamics;
- Have a complete understanding of both the measurement and influence of individual differences such as personality, motivation, leadership style and attitudes on organisational performance and efficiency;
- Be capable of analysing organisational staffing needs and prescribing job analysis, recruitment and selection techniques for that organisation;
- Be cognisant of the available methods of employee testing, appraisal and development, to support organisational functioning and development;
- Develop the skills and insights central to evidence based organisational research and analysis;
- Develop distinctive psychological skills for the diagnosis of specific aspects of organisational behaviour and functioning such as training and development, decision-making, restructuring, problem-solving and job design;
- Develop the ability to aid organisations embrace positive psychology, teamworking, multi-cultural workplace integration and innovative management techniques.
The programme’s part-time delivery mode is designed to suit the time commitments of working professionals. Students have, three or four day seminars per semester. Four semesters spread over two years.
A flying faculty will join us from Ireland to deliver the programme. Students will also have the opportunity of completing a module at Dublin City University.
Assessment of the programme is by semester papers, group work, performance assessment, and by research project with formal examinations being the exception rather than the rule.
Get up to 70% of course fee back in tax credits via the Get Qualified Scheme.
“The programme presented a great opportunity to formalise my experience in organisational change and development. I was attracted by the strength of its academic foundations coupled with its relevance to industry practice. The quality of lectures was superb and the wide mix of experience and backgrounds of the students enabled a significant amount of class discussion which greatly added to the course. Overall it was a very rewarding experience which I would strongly recommend to anyone interested in any aspect of people at work.” Colette Real, Organisational Change Manager, Bank of Ireland
Get in Touch
If you would like an informal discussion on how this programme might fit with your career, or if you need further information about the programme, please contact Debbie on:
Telephone: 2247 0736, Email: Debbie@businessleadersmalta.com, Website: www.businessleadersmalta.com/masters